SEA CONDITIONS & ENSUING WEATHER WARNINGS AFFECTING BOAT SERVICES AT BAKO NATIONAL PARK
KUCHING, 7 JANUARY 2019 – In view of the current monsoon season, visitors and members of the public wish to visit Bako National Park are advised to take extra safety measures and be on the alert for the possibilities of disruptions to the boat services that ply the route.
The management of Bako National Park gave notice today that the weather condition has affected the ferrying of visitors to and fro the main terminal at Kampung Bako to the park due to the sea conditions and in adherence to the safety warning issued by Meteorological Department.
To avoid any untoward incident, visitors are advised to take pre-cautions as stated below:
- Contact boat operators on sea condition before departing to Bako National Park terminal.
- Boat operators: 011-19646870 or 011-25182349
- Contact Bako National Park office on the status of your accommodation booking.
- Terminal: 082-370434 (8am-5pm daily)
- Park Manager: 016 -8903151
- Payment for accommodation to be made at the park as any payment made via online is not refundable.
“Visitors must check with the boat operators and Bako National Park office before planning their trips as their safety is our top priority,” the statement adds.